DS XXXVIII UK Limited trading as Somuchmore (“Somuchmore”, 'we' or 'us') are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions which can be found at link and any other documents referred to therein) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using our web and mobile applications, including our website at http://www.somuchmore.co.uk (“Somuchmore Platforms and Somuchmore Website') you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the 'Act'), the data controller is DS XXXVIII UK Limited trading as Somuchmore, 76 Oxford Street, W1D 1BS, London.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the Somuchmore Website and/or the Somuchmore Platforms or by corresponding with us by email, phone or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Somuchmore Website and/or the Somuchmore Platforms, subscribe to our service, make a search or booking on the Somuchmore Website and/or the Somuchmore Platforms, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Somuchmore Website and/or the Somuchmore Platforms, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Somuchmore Website and/or the Somuchmore Platforms. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and debit or credit card information, personal description and photograph.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Somuchmore Website and/or the Somuchmore Platforms (including date and time); information you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we may operate or the other services we may provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your device *if you agree.* Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device's hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms and the information displayed on them more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
To block cookies, activate the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about products and services similar to those which you previously purchased. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form in which we collect your data;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- To administer the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms about products or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Somuchmore or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions which can be found at link and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Somuchmore, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to information
You may correct, amend, or delete your Personal Data by editing your profile on the Somuchmore Website or the Somuchmore Platforms or emailing us at [email protected]. You have a right to access a copy of the Personal Data held about you. Any request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with your Personal Data.
Other parties’ sites
The Somuchmore Website and the Somuchmore Platforms may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our business partners, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
DS XXXVIII UK Limited trading as Somuchmore
76 Oxford Street, W1D 1BS, London